This guide will show you how to add the LimeSpot email widget to your dotdigital campaign. If you need help in creating and sending a campaign, please refer to dotdigital's help article here.
1. Once you've got your code copied to clipboard following the instructions in creating your first campaign with LimeSpot, finish by clicking on "Complete". You will be taken back to the Email Personalization Campaigns dashboard where you can see a list of all your email widgets.
2. After you're finished with the above, login to your dotdigital dashboard and create a new campaign or click on an existing campaign that you want to add the widget to. Example:
3. Figure out where you want to add the product recommendations for your selected campaign. On the left hand panel under "Content", find the "Text" block. Then, drag and drop the "Text" block to your specified location.
4. Once the text block is where you want it to be, select the text block and click on "< > (Edit the HTML inside the currently selected block)" in the top right. In the markup editor, paste the code that is copied to your clipboard inside and hit "Apply".
5. Don't worry if the layout in the text block preview looks off. You can check in the "Preview" or do a "Test send" to see how it will actually appear in the campaign. You will see the email widget displayed properly in the layout format you selected on the campaign. Remember to "Save" your campaign changes.
6. Follow the directions in dotdigital's "Send an email campaign" article to finish sending your campaign.