This guide will show you how to add the LimeSpot email widget to your Mailchimp campaign. If you need help in creating and sending a campaign, please refer to Mailchimp's help article here.
*For Mailchimp campaigns, you do not need to create both a LimeSpot Desktop and Mobile widget - just create Desktop. Mailchimp templates are inherently mobile responsive and will automatically adjust according to the viewing screen size*
1. Once you've got your code copied to clipboard following the instructions in creating your first campaign with LimeSpot, finish by clicking on "Complete". You will be taken back to the Email Personalization Campaigns dashboard where you can see a list of all your email widgets.
2. Next, login to your Mailchimp dashboard and create a new campaign or click on an existing campaign that you want to add the widget to. Example:
3. We'll get started with a draft. Click on "Design Email" to edit the content. Select a template or code your own.
4. Once inside Mailchimp's Campaign Builder, figure out where you want to add the product recommendations for your selected campaign. Then, drag and drop the "Code" block to your specified location.
5. Once the Code block is where you want it to be, you will see the code block editor on the right hand side. Right click and paste the code that is copied to your clipboard into the editor on the right and hit "Save & Close". The email widget you created through LimeSpot will appear on the left hand side of the campaign builder.
6. Then, click "Continue" at the top right and follow the directions in Mailchimp's "Create a Regular Email" article to finish sending your campaign.