This guide will show you how to add the LimeSpot email widget to your Shopify notification templates. For more information on this, please refer to Shopify's help article here. Shopify has many notification templates to choose from. Notifications are triggered by events, like a new order being placed, or an order being fulfilled. Shopify allows you to edit the content of the email and this is where we'll be adding the LimeSpot widget. Make sure you're comfortable with Shopify's programming language, Liquid, before proceeding.
1. Once you've got your code copied to clipboard following the instructions in creating your first campaign with LimeSpot, finish by clicking on "Complete". You will be taken back to the Email Personalization Campaigns dashboard where you can see a list of all your email widgets.
2. The next step is to login to your Shopify dashboard and go to Settings > Notifications. You will see all the notification templates listed and from there, choose which template(s) you want to add the LimeSpot email widget to.
3. We will use the "Order confirmation" template as an example. Click on "Preview" to see where you want to add the product recommendations for your selected notification template.
4. The Preview pop up will appear. As an example, let's add the product recommendations above the "Order Summary" section. Go back to the liquid code of the email and search for "Order Summary".
5. Make sure you go to the section inside the table. Paste the code that is copied to your clipboard into the editor directly above the <h3>Order summary</h3> section and hit "Preview" to check it out.
6. Add a title above the email widget. You can also customize the style of the email widget, but make sure you're familiar with HTML and CSS first.
7. Remember to hit "Save" after you have made all the changes to your template.