Some Shopify Themes automatically add a Related Products box to your store by default. LimeSpot replaces this default setting with an intelligent engine to ensure your related products are accurate so you can sell more. Have a look on your Products and Checkout cart pages to see if your theme has a default related products box.
Some of Shopify themes have a default related product recommendation box on their product page such as Supply and Solo and some don't, such as Brooklyn.
You'll need to turn off your Theme's default settings if you already have a related products box on your website. Don't worry, it's easy: you just need to turn off a checkbox! Here's how:
- Go to your Shopify Admin Panel
- Click on Online Store on the left navigation menu
- Choose Theme on the left-hand navigation menu that shows up (Step 2 in the Graphic below).
- Choose the Customize Theme option of your live theme which is on the top right corner of your theme.
- Choose the Product Pages on the left-hand menu.
- On the product pages, in the Related Product section, there should be a checkbox for disabling the default related products box, titled Enable Related Products, Show Related Products, or something similar. Disable it.
- Click Save Changes in the bottom right corner.
Your website will now utilize LimeSpot's Intelligent Product Recommendations.
Note: If you do not turn off the Default Related Products box, you will have two related products boxes after installing LimeSpot Personalizer. Some advanced themes will require additional configuration to turn off the default related products box; contact [email protected] for support.