Set your Target Market settings and create a new Google Merchant Center Account with LimeSpot Ads.
- Target Country is the country where the products included in your data feed will be advertised, sold, and shipped to. The default value is your online store target country.
- Language targeting allows you to choose the language of the potential customers you'd like to reach. The default value is your online store language.
- Website URL is the domain you would like to connect to your Merchant Center Account. The default value is your online store URL.
You will need to select your Shipping Method from the drop-down menu:
- Manually in Merchant Center will leave the shipping settings intact and you will need to add them manually in your Google Merchant Center Account.
- Set a Flat Rate will set a flat rate for all your products in your Merchant Center Account.
💡 If you already have an existing GMC Account that you are using to run Google Shopping campaigns, you should start by using an alternative domain for the LimeSpot-created GMC Account (e.g. store.myshopify.com) to get your products validated and approved by Google after publishing, and then you can go through our Merchant Account replacement process to switch everything over to LimeSpot. You will need to change the Website URL during the onboarding process:
After everything is set, click on CREATE to create a new Google Merchant Center Account with the above settings.
Once your new Google Merchant Center Account is created, it will automatically connect to your online store and you'll likely see some warnings and errors. You will need to claim your website.
Login to your new Merchant Center Account with your Google account and navigate to Tools > Business Information > Website
You have three options to add the meta tag to your online store. Assuming you are the administrator of your online store, the 3rd option is the easiest.
Click on I have access to my server, copy the meta tag, and paste it into the header of your site's home page.
How to paste your Meta Tag in your Shopify homepage (theme.liquid)
- Login to your Shopify Admin Panel and click on Online Store on the left-hand side menu and select Themes.
- Choose Edit Code from Action button drop-down and select the theme.liquid file.
- Paste the meta tag that you copied on a blank line directly below the opening <head> tag and and before the first <body> section.
- Save your theme.liquid file.
Return to Google Merchant Center. Click on VERIFY URL and then click on CLAIM URL.
Go back to your LimeSpot Ads On-boarding Setup and click on CHECK AGAIN. The warnings/errors should now be gone and click NEXT to proceed.