If your account surpasses these threshold, your account can be suspended:
a) High Bounce rate: Bounce rates should be below 10% during any given send. If you exceed this threshold your account will be contacted, and/or suspended.
b) FBL (Feedback Loop) Complaints: FBL/Spam and complaint report rates should be lower than 3%. If you exceed this threshold, your account will be contacted, and/or suspended.
c) Invalid Email: Invalid emails should be lower than 5%. If you exceed this threshold, your account will be contacted, and/or suspended.
d) ISP Throttling: ISP throttling rate (recipient domains deferring their email) should be below 15%. If you exceed this threshold, your account will be contacted, and/or suspended.
Here are a few tips to help prevent your account from being suspended or getting to the above thresholds:
- Ensure a healthy subscriber list, always secure permission before you send.
- Make sure you send to your engaged recipient list from your previous campaigns.
- Remember that any subscriber list from a third-party source, no matter how reputable, violates our Terms and puts you at risk.
- Make sure your recipient list collection methods are compliant with our Acceptable Use Policy and never send unsolicited marketing campaigns.
- Provide a working unsubscribe link so recipients can remove themselves from your mailing list at any time.
- Make sure that if a recipient wants to be removed from your mailing list, they must be removed within 10 days upon receipt of the request.
- Don't send e-mails to non-specific addresses (e.g., [email protected] or [email protected]).
- Grow your recipient list gradually to build up a better reputation.
- Make sure you create spam-free content with a spam-free subject line. Check out our email deliverability guide for more tips.